Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Runner's Low...Is Also A Runner's High

I am a runner.

It has taken my body two full years to acclimate to the altitude of the rocky mountain west. Finally adjusting, I have felt strong and powerful running distances across various terrian while the conditions around me constantly change. The challenges that running presents in Boulder push me to reach goals that I never thought my body was capable of. Pushing myself to exceed and surpass my limit, I recently tore my IT band. While walking doesn't necessarily cut it when you're a runner, it does provide you with the ability to stop and "smell the roses." As a runner, I am often so wrapped up in running that I forget to look around me. Although my injury upsets me, I do find comfort in the beautiful screney that somehow I always managed to miss.